This skin boosting ingredient should be an everyday thing in your skincare routine for more reasons than one.
First up, what is hyaluronic acid? Though the word ‘acid’ might sound a little scary in reference to something that you put on your face daily, it absolutely isn't. In fact, it is very much the opposite. Packed full of endless skin benefits that plump, hydrate and soften.
It’s the hero product in our best selling BB Cream and should be front and centre on your beauty shelf. Here are 10 things you didn't know about the skin rejuvenating ingredient that will change your life (and face).
1. Hyaluronic acid, also known as hyaluronan is a carbohydrate molecule that naturally occurs in our bodies. Found in your eyes, connective tissue and skin.
2. We lose 1% of hyaluronic acid every year, making topical application absolutely essential. *Adds Bali Body BB Cream to cart immediately
3. It provides a joining tissue for the skin, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles as well as improving firmness and elasticity by over 40%.
4. It has the ability to provide incredible moisture and enhance skin hydration tenfold. With its long lasting moisture to the skin it’s no wonder hyaluronic acid is taking the skincare world by storm.
5. Unlike other elements, the hyaluronic acid molecule is too large to just sit on the top layer of the skin. This means that it actually gets into the skin's surface and carries out all the hydrating and tightening your base needs for a healthy glow.
6. Hyaluronic acid acts as a protective barrier to infection. Dry skin is a playground to vulnerability and damage from infection. By providing intense moisture, hyaluronic acid strengthens your skin’s protective barrier like a knight in shining armour.
7. It is recommended for people with dry and eczema-prone skin due to its ability to soothe skin, as well as its anti-inflammatory properties.
8. Fights UV damage! Just when you think it can't get any better, it provides skin fighting antioxidants against the free radicals and sun damage that break down collagen and elastin in our skin. Meet your new anti-aging bestie.
9. It firms and tones the skin to ensure it looks plump and firm. Hyaluronic acid is literally a gym for your skin!
10. Hyaluronic acid fills out the skin on your face just enough to smooth out fine lines and wrinkles. Say goodbye to fine lines because smooth skin is in.